Sunday, March 16, 2008


Baltimore!

In an effort to keep things interesting today was a theme show all about Maryland's most populous center. A city I really knew nothing about, nor had any interest in, after digging into it a bit it quickly became clear that Baltimore has a really active art scene. I ran out of time and probably could do another hour playing bands out of the city, but on the whole I really enjoyed the bands I came across while putting this show together.

I cheated a bit at the end with Animal Collective and BARR. They USED to live in Baltimore, so it still counts. They all used to play in a band called Automine, but unfortunately it seems quite difficult to come across those recordings.

Tune in next week as I will have an interview with Bob Wiseman.

Playlist:

Artist - Album - Song
Beach House - S/T - Saltwater
Ecstatic Sunshine - Freckle Wars - Ramontana
Dan Deacon - Spiderman of the Rings - Wham City
Video Hippos - Unbeast the Leash - Narwbals
Double Dagger - Ragged Rubble - The Psychic
Madagascar - Forced March - A Brief Stroll - The Velvet Parasol
Thank You - Terrible Two - Namen
Animal Collective - Sung Tongs - Kids on Holiday
BARR - Summary - Context Ender
Animal Collective - Here Comes the Indian - Panic ****

****Request for Sves!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got an interview with Bob Wiseman too! Mine runs this Tuesday Mar 18 and should be up on the podcast at http://www.homegameradio.com before the end of the month. I also turned it into an article at http://www.earshot-online.com.
Good work on killing your show goal during fundrive. Wish I was still in Victoria to run into you.

andrewjbates said...

A band I've been listening to a bit lately, called Future Islands, are from Baltimore. I think they used to be called Art Lord and the Self Portraits and were from South Carolina or something but I guess they felt the need to change their name and city. You can listen to them here: http://www.myspace.com/futureislands I think the song "Old Friend" is maybe my favorite.

Camilla said...

yeah Barr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!