Sunday, November 2, 2008

Two hours this week because I filled in for Gumdrops & Lollipops. I always play Beat Happening when I fill in for G&L. I didn't mean to play three songs though! Midnight a Go-Go just sneaks up on you. I guess playing songs off vinyl requires more concentration than I was giving it, but I don't think anyone was complaining.

Minutia: Cat Walk was the first Beat Happening song I ever heard.

Also, woah! There is a new Japanther record coming out. Well, it is sort of already out. Somehow they snuck that one past me. You can find it on Wantage Records. It's called Tut Tut Now Shake Ya Butt. Can you believe it?!

Also, rock show in a church this Wednesday:



Playlists:

G&L:

Artist- Album - Song
Magnetic Fields - Distortion - Please Stop Dancing
Beat Happening - Jamboree - Cat Walk
Beat Happening - Jamboree - Drive for a Girl
Beat Happening - Jamboree - Midnight a Go-Go
No Kids - Come into my House - For Halloween
The Macadamia Brothers - Tomatoey Plates EP - Misplaced Footwear
Karl Blau - Nature's Got Away - Mockingbird Diet
The Feelies - Only Life - It's Only Life
High Places - S/T - Golden
Chad Van Gaalen - Soft Airplane - Molten Light
Sta-Prest - 7" - Form Fitting
Vivien Girls - S/T - Damaged
Almonds, Cohen - Ontario (on stereo)! - Cat Bird Girl

Carload:

Artist - Album - Song
Cobras Cobras Cobras - Today! Tomorrow! - Havana Affair
Cap'n Jazz - Analphabetapolothology - Little League
Mt. Royal - Mad Foxes - Come On
Joy Division - Substance - No Love Lost
Jay Reatard - Matador Singles '08 - Screaming Hand
The Music Tapes - Music Tapes for Clouds and Tornadoes - Majesty
Tindersticks - The Hungry Show - The Hungry Show
The Replacements - I Will Dare (Single) - I Will Dare
Japanther - Tut Tut Now Shake Ya Butt - Bumpin' Rap Tapes
Japanther - Dump the Body in Rikki Lake - Pleased to Meet You
Royal Trux - Cats and Dogs - Teeth
Deerhoof - Offend Maggie - Eaguru Guru
Misfits - Walk Among Us - Skulls

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi! this is me!

http://users.bigpond.net.au/tgedge/pictures/my-life/images/1984-wisdom-teeth.JPG